Each official showcase act will perform twice, and possibly three times during World of Bluegrass Week in some combination of following areas: the Raleigh Convention Center, evening showcase rooms at the Marriott or Sheraton hotels, popular Raleigh clubs/bars, or as a part of the weekend street fair.
IBMA Showcase bands are chosen in a juried selection process that takes into consideration every applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal and quality of work.
Deadline to apply is February 15, 2013
Official showcase bands also receive a number of benefits and complimentary services, including*:
- Featured profile in conference program
- Priority access to “Gig Fair” appointments (new & improved in 2013—more info coming soon!)
- Scheduled consultation in advance of events on maximizing showcase opportunities
- Complimentary booth space during business conference (value $600+)
- Full conference registration package for performing members of group (value $1000+)
- One organizational membership for group (value $205)
- And other exclusive services available to official showcase performers.
The value of booth space, conference registrations and IBMA membership alone adds up to more than $1,800 for a band.
To Apply - submit the following by February 15, 2013:
- Five complete promotional packages for each act making application, including five copies of a representative recording of the act’s work. Recording can be a full CD, demo of new cuts not yet released, demo of highlighted material, or other, but should be representative of the acts most recent work. (Please remove any shrink wrapping)
- Complete contact information for the group
- A $25 application fee, payable to IBMA.
Send all submission packages to:
IBMA Showcase Committee
2 Music Circle South, Ste. 100
Nashville, TN 37203
*Artists invited to be an official showcase act will be subject to a showcase fee of $500 per act.