Leadership Bluegrass is an intensive three-day program of advanced interactive learning experiences. A cross-section of people with exhibited or potential leadership qualities examine the opportunities, choices and challenges of the current music industry, in bluegrass and beyond.
The program is taught by high-profile music industry and business professionals, and encourages independent and collaborative thinking, new perspectives and a fresh approach to the issues facing the modern bluegrass community.
2016 marks the 17th year of the program, which boasts nearly 400 alumni. Participants are selected for the highly-sought curriculum through an application process. This year, Leadership Bluegrass received over 60 applications for just 26 seats.
BMI will once again host Leadership Bluegrass at its offices in Nashville on March 21-23. Trisha Tubbs will return as facilitator.
The 2016 class includes:
- Alan Bibey; Grasstowne; Surfside Beach, South Carolina
- Daniel Boner; East Tennessee State University; Elizabethton, Tennessee
- Dustin Boyd; Planet Bluegrass; Boulder, Colorado
- Darbi Brandli; California Bluegrass Association; Oakland, California
- Janet Brightly; Consultant, Greyfox and Wintergrass; Annandale, Virginia
- Aengus Finnan; Folk Alliance International; Kansas City, Missouri
- Jocelyn Gold; Gold Heart; Hamilton, Virginia
- Katherine Hanson; FDA Leadership Development; Ijamsville, Maryland
- Kelsi Harrigill; Flatt Lonesome; Trinity, Alabama
- Lisa Husted; Greyfox Bluegrass Festival; Whitesboro, New York
- Leah James; International Bluegrass Music Association; Nashville, Tennessee
- Chris Joslin; International Bluegrass Music Museum; Owensboro, Kentucky
- Tony Kamel; Wood & Wire; Austin, Texas
- Brad Kolodner; WAMU’s Bluegrass Country; Baltimore, Maryland
- Devon Leger; Hearth Music; Shoreline, Washington
- Marian Leighton Levy; Rounder Records; Newburyport, Massachusetts
- Kimber Ludiker; Della Mae; Hendersonville, Tennessee
- David Morris; Bluegrass Today/Paddle Faster Publishing; Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Laurie Okun; City of Raleigh/Raleigh Convention Center; Raleigh, North Carolina
- Patrice O’Neill; Acoustic Sound/Wintergrass; Milton, Washington
- James Reams; James Reams & the Barnstormers; Litchfield, Arizona
- Salvatore Sauco; Rhode Island Bluegrass Alliance; East, Rhode Island
- Annie Savage; Colorado Bluegrass Music Society; Lafayette, Colorado
- Lee Stivers; The Jakob’s Ferry Stragglers; Washington, Pennsylvania
- Lucas White; Middle Tennessee State University; Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Dianee Wyland; Independent Artist & Teacher; Silver Spring, Maryland
Please contact Shannon Turner at the IBMA office for more information on this or future Leadership Bluegrass programs: (615) 256-3222, email@example.com.
IBMA is the trade association that connects and educates bluegrass professionals, empowers the bluegrass community, and encourages worldwide appreciation of bluegrass music of yesterday, today and tomorrow.