We're part of the Prescription Bluegrass Family which includes the Radio Program by the same name, The FRONT PAGE BLUEGRASS NEWS radio program and we're a member of the Association of Bluegrass Disc Jockeys.
FRONT PAGE BLUEGRASS NEWS is a 2-Minute audio feed for broadcast. Updates are provided at no cost or contract obligation to broadcasters twice weekly with updates for breaking news.
FRONT PAGE BLUEGRASS NEWS and Prescription Bluegrass can be heard on Radio Stations and Internet Stations coast-to-coast and around the world. Click Here for a link to find out where you can hear them. If your favorite radio station doesn't have 100% genuine PRESCRIPTION BLUEGRASS every week, have them contact us and we'll help them make it happen.
Thank you for reading and sharing our posts.
Prescription Bluegrass Media
Promotion vs. Advertising
We've been asked more and more just recently why we didn't publish a story submitted to us at the Prescription Bluegrass Blog.
There are many reasons why we may or may not choose to publish any particular submission. But most of the inquiries fall under just one category; Promotion vs. Advertising
To that end, we've decided to publish a written version of the policy we've attempted to maintain since the beginning of the blog.
First we are a journalistic publication for the bluegrass community. Second we accept advertising revenue to support our efforts. It must be foremost in our minds at all times that those two purposes have inherent conflicts. When it comes to journalism ethics we strive to hold the line.
Our policy is to provide a news service to the bluegrass community with regard to anything bluegrass and that includes festival news.
The problem with festivals is that most of the time the public doesn't realize just who puts these on, or who is the major promoter. In many cases, festivals are presented by organizations that believe in the music and operate under a non-profit status – hoping to raise money for their association or other non-profit cause. In other cases, festivals are presented by commercial promoters – in business for a profit.
When festival news is submitted to us for publication we first try to determine their profit status. Non-Profit organizations normally get a different consideration. Commercial festivals get consideration when the content is truly newsworthy or more than just blatant promotion. Things like line-up announcements or changes are not bona-fide news content – anymore than the local McDonalds is having a new fry cook today because the other one called in sick is a newsworthy item.
The Prescription Bluegrass Blog, Radio Show and Newsletter reach thousands of consumers every day, week, month and year at levels that surely have value to those who are making profits from bluegrass. We feel we add a lot to their chances for successful notification of the pubic of their news items. We therefore don't feel it is unfair to request that they consider spending some of their advertising dollars with us to accomplish their respective missions.
Do You Have Bluegrass Fever?
Prescription Bluegrass is a special one-hour treatment session [Radio Program] for those afflicted with Bluegrass Fever.Those afflicted who don't get enough bluegrass in their regular musical diet are encouraged to attend our weekly therapy sessions. Treatment sessions from Prescription Bluegrass are delivered Free-of-Charge via Frequency, Amplitude or Broadband Modulation every week courtesy of a few hand-picked sponsors and your local radio station. Treatment sessions are jam-packed with practicing specialists in all the various strains of Bluegrass Fever, including the traditional, old-fashioned, down-from-the-mountain strains, new-grass, border-grass, west-grass, home-grown and even the newer European strains. Individual treatment sessions, family plans and group therapy are all available weekly.
Prescription Bluegrass Operates
Under the Authority of the
Briscoe Darling Doctrine:
Prescription Bluegrass began in a back-room in rural America with little more than a hot plate with strings and a couple of old formulas from the public domain library.
A wave of enthusiasm appeared when the first treatment sessions were announced and folks suffering from this affliction started spreading the word to friends and family. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Prescription Bluegrass has been serving customers with bluegrass fever since 2005. Treatment success stories are abundant.
- Prescription Bluegrass treatments are cool - Traditional, Eclectic, off-the-wall, current, down home, friendly and just plain fun! Thanks again.....
- Thanks for the updates on "Bluegrass is Green Energy" I'll never plug my Banjo into another 120V outlet.
- This is the coolest bluegrass program! --Lora
- "I like the fact that you use Banjo Bail-Out money responsibly."
- "It's Amazing, I'm hooked."
- "Love the meds."
- "Never miss a treatment."
- "Prescription Bluegrass is always in my medicine closet"
- "I always try to get a double-dose."
- "I feel better right after a session and never get those side-effects you mentioned."
- "Some knee-jerk and hand-trembles, but it's a lot better than the 'Blahs' that I used to be plagued with."
- "I've been able to give up all my other vices."
- "You can't beat the price and you can't beat bluegrass...that's for rock-n-roll."
- "...never miss a treatment session, since I found Prescription Bluegrass I've found new friends and I love the family plan."
- "Group therapy is the only way for me! Broadcast a therapy session live from the festival whenever you can..."
- "I tried it once - you're right, now I can't go back. Prescription Bluegrass is the best way to ease the strain of the fever. I've even got enough courage now to try pickin' the banjer."____________________________________________________________
Fair Use Reproduction
Under Federal copyright law, fair use of a copyrighted work includes use “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research”. All content on this blog is original or used under "Fair Use Reproduction" regulations according to Federal copyright law.
Contact US: RxBluegrass@Gmail.com